Find the answer to your Linux question:
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Hi;I have a question.That can wine run Internet download manager on Fedora core 8 or not....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
  1. #1
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9

    Wine Run IDM


    Hi;I have a question.That can wine run Internet download manager on Fedora core 8 or not.

  2. #2
    Linux Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Córdoba (Spain)
    Posts
    1,513
    Quote Originally Posted by asad123 View Post
    Hi;I have a question.That can wine run Internet download manager on Fedora core 8 or not.
    Search on the appdb:

    Wine AppDB - Wine Application Database

    The distro is not relevant, but the wine version is.

    Anyway, may I ask what's so special about that program? There are some download managers for linux that can run natively. You can try d4x, for example.

  3. #3
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9
    well nothing is so special about this program.But on my Windows OS it is the most fastest and efficient Downloading program.Any way as there is resume capabilities in the d4x Linux program.Thanks for your comments.

  4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
  5. #4
    Linux Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Córdoba (Spain)
    Posts
    1,513
    Quote Originally Posted by asad123 View Post
    well nothing is so special about this program.But on my Windows OS it is the most fastest and efficient Downloading program.Any way as there is resume capabilities in the d4x Linux program.Thanks for your comments.
    No download program is "the most fastest". The speed limit is something that is defined by your connection type and your contract with your ISP. No magic program can overcome that.

    Most download managers do support resume as well, as long as the download server can do it.

  6. #5
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by i92guboj View Post
    Anyway, may I ask what's so special about that program? There are some download managers for linux that can run natively. You can try d4x, for example.
    idm can download a bunch of links inside a text file,queue it and download them one by one or two by two or n.

    is there any linux download manager that can download links inside a text file?thanks..

  7. #6
    Linux Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Córdoba (Spain)
    Posts
    1,513
    Quote Originally Posted by jazran View Post
    idm can download a bunch of links inside a text file,queue it and download them one by one or two by two or n.

    is there any linux download manager that can download links inside a text file?thanks..
    Even wget, which is one of the de-facto standards, can do that. See

    Code:
    man wget
    to see all the options. If my memory serves correctly, -i is the parameter that will let you specify a file containing all the links. There are also graphical fronteds like d4x, as I said above. Another one is kget, which is being refactored in kde4, I think. Googling a bit for

    Code:
    linux download manager
    Should reveal lots of results and also lots of threads like this one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •