Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Again Everyone, I hate to bother you all again so soon, but I have a problem. My intergrated sound card (NVidia) is not functioning properly. I have a feeling ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fonts in Steam chat

Hello Again Everyone,

I hate to bother you all again so soon, but I have a problem. My intergrated sound card (NVidia) is not functioning properly. I have a feeling this has something to do with the motherboard driver. I have no idea how to install the Windows Driver on a Linux system. Can someone please help? If this is any help my microphone works fine, just not the sound.

Info:

Motherboard: nVidia 680i LT SLI

Thanks in advance!

I have another problem as well, I might as well add it into this post.

I have installed msfonts package in order to run Steam, but I need to know how to install the tahoma.ttf and where to install it in order to get Steam to work correctly.
    Last edited by UbuntuNeedHelp; 05-20-2008 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Another Question

Just Joined!

Steam - Issue

Ok well I have fixed my sound problem, but the problem with Steam still remains. All the fonts work fine except for the chat. When I try to talk to a friend, I can see what I type but when I press enter nothing shows up. Does anyone know a solution?

Yes, Tahoma.tff is in my .wine/windows/font folder.

Just Joined!

Anyone?

Does no one have the solution to this problem?

Just Joined!
    This seems to be a common problem running Steam under Linux. You should check out this thread:

Issue with Steam Chat - Ubuntu Forums

Basically, you need to disable all notifications in your "Friends" settings. You may also need to periodically force the chat window to refresh by typing in it or resizing it.

I hope this helps.