Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am trying to install Empire Earth under Wine. The file is on my desktop. I have recently installed the new version of wine (1.0). When trying to install ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Angry Empire Earth Help

Hello,

I am trying to install Empire Earth under Wine. The file is on my desktop. I have recently installed the new version of wine (1.0). When trying to install EE I get:
    chris@chris-laptop:~/Desktop/EmpireEarth$ wine EmpireEarth.exe
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP60.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\chris\\Desktop\\EmpireEarth\\sxlrt233. dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library sxlrt233.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\chris\\Desktop\\EmpireEarth\\EmpireEar th.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP60.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\chris\\Desktop\\EmpireEarth\\sxlrt233. dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library sxlrt233.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\chris\\Desktop\\EmpireEarth\\Low-Level Engine.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library Low-Level Engine.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\chris\\Desktop\\EmpireEarth\\EmpireEar th.exe") not found
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\home\\chris\\Desktop\\EmpireEarth\\EmpireEar th.exe" failed, status c0000135

What is wrong? these files are in the EE directory.
    Please keep in mind I am a total Linux noob.
    Thanks.

Just Joined!
    HI mf...you only need some dlls do run the game. As you might be seeing you need MSVCP60.dll, sxlrt233.dll, etc to run the game. You can copy them from a windows system, they normally are at system32 folder. Copy them to your wine folder /home/your_user/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32 and then run the game again =) it Should work...

Just Joined!
    Hey, I was having the same problems as winzzer, that is, when I tried using wine to run Empire Earth.exe, I received the following:

chris@chris-laptop:~/Desktop/EmpireEarth$ wine EmpireEarth.exe
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP60.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\chris\\Desktop\\EmpireEarth\\sxlrt2 33. dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library sxlrt233.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\chris\\Desktop\\EmpireEarth\\Empire Ear th.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP60.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\chris\\Desktop\\EmpireEarth\\sxlrt2 33. dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library sxlrt233.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\chris\\Desktop\\EmpireEarth\\Low-Level Engine.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library Low-Level Engine.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\chris\\Desktop\\EmpireEarth\\Empire Ear th.exe") not found
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\home\\chris\\Desktop\\EmpireEarth\\Empire Ear th.exe" failed, status c0000135

After downloading and installing sxlrt233.dll and MSVCP60.dll into wine/drive_c/windows/system32, i and tried using wine again, i received THIS message:

fixme:ntoskrnl:KeInitializeSpinLock 0x4577a4
    fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f45c,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:d3d:WineD3D_ChoosePixelFormat Add OpenGL context recreation support to SetDepthStencilSurface
    err:d3d:WineD3D_ChoosePixelFormat Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat
    fixme:d3d:WineD3D_ChoosePixelFormat Add OpenGL context recreation support to SetDepthStencilSurface
    fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x70028, 0x1871c8 ): stub
    fixme: xrandr:X11DRV_XRandR_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 32 to 16
    fixme:dinput:SysMouseAImpl_Acquire Clipping cursor to (0,0)-(640,480)
    err:dmloader:IDirectMusicLoaderImpl_IDirectMusicLo ader_SetObject : could not attach stream to file
    fixme:dmime:IDirectMusicPerformance8Impl_Init (iface = 0x3021710, dmusic = 0x32fc10, dsound = 0xe8f6b0, hwnd = (nil))
    fixme:dmusic:IDirectMusicPortImpl_SetNumChannelGro ups (0x3021d10, 8 ): semi-stub
    fixme:dmime:IDirectMusicPerformance8Impl_AddPort (0x3021710, 0x3021d10): stub
    fixme:dmime:IDirectMusicPerformance8Impl_AssignPCh annelBlock (0x3021710, 0, 0x3021d10, 0): semi-stub
    fixme:dmime:IDirectMusicPerformance8Impl_AssignPCh annelBlock (0x3021710, 1, 0x3021d10, 1): semi-stub
    fixme:dmime:IDirectMusicPerformance8Impl_AssignPCh annelBlock (0x3021710, 2, 0x3021d10, 2): semi-stub
    fixme:dmime:IDirectMusicPerformance8Impl_AssignPCh annelBlock (0x3021710, 3, 0x3021d10, 3): semi-stub
    fixme:dmime:IDirectMusicPerformance8Impl_AssignPCh annelBlock (0x3021710, 4, 0x3021d10, 4): semi-stub
    fixme:dmime:IDirectMusicPerformance8Impl_AssignPCh annelBlock (0x3021710, 5, 0x3021d10, 5): semi-stub
    fixme:dmime:IDirectMusicPerformance8Impl_AssignPCh annelBlock (0x3021710, 6, 0x3021d10, 6): semi-stub
    fixme:dmime:IDirectMusicPerformance8Impl_AssignPCh annelBlock (0x3021710, 7, 0x3021d10, 7): semi-stub
    wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x0000002f at address 0x8b5992 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x110048 "heap.c: main process heap section" wait timed out in thread 001e, blocked by 0009, retrying (60 sec)

When it was running, it started the Empire Earth graphic that one normally sees when he/she is about to install Empire Earth, then my screen resolution changed from 1400x1050 to 640x480. after changing the screen resolution (from desk 2, because desk 1 that i was on completely froze up) i had to stop running empire earth.exe because i couldn't do anything on desk 1.

So...I have NO clue what to do. if someone could PLEASE PLEASE help me, that'd be awesome.