Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have successfully installed MS Office 2000. Excel and PowerPoint works fine. But MS Word has some problems. Whenever I type something the typed letters are all invisible. But if ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    tu2
    Just Joined!

Invisible Text.

I have successfully installed MS Office 2000. Excel and PowerPoint works fine. But MS Word has some problems. Whenever I type something the typed letters are all invisible. But if I resize it or try to change anything like changing fonts, alignment etc. the typed letters gets visible. But if I again type something all gets invisible again. Now how do I fix this? I use Suse personal edition.

I'm sorry if this is not what you want to hear, but MS Office uses a lot of undocumented API-calls etc. and that makes it hard for Wine to work with the program. The same case is with Internet explorer.

Therefore, I would recomend you visiting openoffice.org and download it. It is very similar to MS Office, and handles all the format's you'd ever need to use (word files, powerpoint etc). Database, I'm not shure about that but check it out.

Kriss