Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to run the City of Heroes character designer in wine. It installed and runs correctly; however, it is in Korean and not English. The way to change this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wine Registry Permissions

I'm trying to run the City of Heroes character designer in wine. It installed and runs correctly; however, it is in Korean and not English. The way to change this in Windows is to change a dword in the registry and to set the permissions for writing to that key as read only. Using the regedit that comes with wine I cannot find anything for permission setting. Every time the program comes up it resets the value back to korean. Any ideas to either a) disable writing to the registry for a certain command or b) set permissions for keys in the registry to read only?

I did note that in the user.reg there is a number after the registry path. Is this maybe a number representing permissions?

Just Joined!
    I don t know about exactly are you taking about if you are taking bout drinking wine please visit here for more informations
    You registered just to tell me that? Anyway, in Windows there is the ability to set permission to read and write to a certain entry in the registry. Since wine emulates the registry, is there any way to disallow write permission to a specific entry for a certain (or all) users?

Linux Guru
    The only thing I can think of is to wipe off the write permission from your ~/.wine/system.reg file. But that might cause problems since the program might want to write to the registry for other purposes...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Thanks for the advice. Yeah it wouldn't be a perfect solution either since I couldn't do any writing for any registry entry, so to do it would be a little hackey. I'll just run a VM of windows when I need it.