Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by buzzmario i am stuck when it ask for password (following this link). i rememeber correctly that i did not set any password in my acer one. any ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Quote Originally Posted by buzzmario View Post
    i am stuck when it ask for password (following this link). i rememeber correctly that i did not set any password in my acer one. any one know of any default passsword for acer one?

thanks
    hi finally got the password. and managed to install wine vis the package manager, but now , how to use wine? also with wine, can my lap top surf net via 3g usb modem hua wei e 270?

thanks

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzmario View Post
    hi finally got the password. and managed to install wine vis the package manager, but now , how to use wine?
    The basic usage is this way:

1. open a terminal window
    2. insert a cd with a windows program
    3. mount it if it has not been automounted
    4. cd /mnt/cdrom, or wherever your cdrom is mounted
    5. run ls to see what's inside, you should see a setup.exe program or a similar one
    6. run "wine setup.exe" to fire up the installation program

This might be a bit different depending on the program you want to install, but that's the basic procedure. This is to install the program, just like you would install it under windows. After that, you might get an icon on your desktop or not.

In any case, you can always start windows programs that are already installed using the command line. Just open your terminal, cd into ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/<whatever>, and then use wine to run the correct .exe file.

also with wine, can my lap top surf net via 3g usb modem hua wei e 270?

thanks
    This has nothing to do with wine. I know many people that have managed to make this modem work on linux, it will most likely require some manual work though. About this, it will be better if you open a new thread in the "Kernel & hardware" subforum. It's most likely that it will be answered there.

Also, try searching first, there might be something about the issue around.

Just Joined!
    hi, i am using Acer Aspire One with Linpus Linux Lite and I dont know how to install Wine 1.1.4 on it
    could you or anyone help me please?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2