Find the answer to your Linux question:
I managed to install a demo of the game Condemned: Criminal Origins. However, it won't run when I try to open it. Here's my terminal output: err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP71.dll (which ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Problems running game in wine

I managed to install a demo of the game Condemned: Criminal Origins. However, it won't run when I try to open it.

Here's my terminal output:
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP71.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\Will\\Desktop\\Condemned.exe") not found
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\home\\Will\\Desktop\\Condemned.exe" failed, status c0000135

I downloaded the dll file "MSVCP71" but I'm not sure where to put it so that the game will find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

usually it will go in drive_c/windows/system or system32 folder

Just Joined!
    I moved the .dll file to the system32 directory, and now when I try to run wine it can find the file, but there's an error now.

preloader: Warning: failed to reserve range 00000000-60000000
    err:dosmem:setup_dos_mem Cannot use first megabyte for DOS address space, please report
    err:dosmem:setup_dos_mem Cannot use first megabyte for DOS address space, please report
    err:module:import_dll Loading library MSVCP71.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\Will\\Desktop\\Condemned.exe") failed (error c0000024).
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\home\\Will\\Desktop\\Condemned.exe" failed, status c0000135

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close