Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am running Hardy Heron, and am trying to run Starcraft. I have installed starcraft and I can get the screen that lets you choose to Run Starcraft, See Preiview, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Running StarCraft BroodWar on linux ubuntu

I am running Hardy Heron, and am trying to run Starcraft. I have installed starcraft and I can get the screen that lets you choose to Run Starcraft, See Preiview, Register, etc. When I click Run Starcraft, nothing happens, other than the setup screen disappears. I am also using Wine, but it still doesnt work. The funny thing is, I can remember running Starcraft on the same computer about 6 months ago, and that worked ok!

Do you have desktop effects (compiz-fusion) enabled? You can disable it from System->Preferences->Appearnce on the Visual Effects tab.
    A better way is to install fusion-icon
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install fusion-icon
    After it is installed you can find it in Applications->System Tools. Select window manager->metacity and the effects are disabled. Select compiz and it is enabled again.
    To have it starting at boot, go to System->Preferences->Sessions click add and in the command field put
    Code:
    fusion-icon --no-start

Just Joined!
    That didn't make any difference, other than the Desltop setting were changed a bit.Same thing happened.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close