Find the answer to your Linux question:
Iv'e installed knoppix in my pc and have configured WINE as well in order to view Powerpoint show files (.pps). Things were running smoothly. Fonts, bullets, and images were clearly ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Help! WINE in Knoppix..

Iv'e installed knoppix in my pc and have configured WINE as well in order to view Powerpoint show files (.pps). Things were running smoothly. Fonts, bullets, and images were clearly shown and even the hyperlink was functioning. But when I tried to use the templates of the 07 Power point, my pc hanged.

How will I resolve this?

And another thing, is there a certain configuration that will allow me to play the .pps file with just one click? Because what usually happens is that whenever I click the .pps file the WIne menu shows up and I still had to click several buttons.

==I really need to resolve these problems because we are creating a certain project in our university... Comments will be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED... Thank you...==

1. Execute program from Terminal
    just for example
    # wine powerpoint.exe
    its not powerpoint.exe, its something else.
    and when PC hangs you can see error in terminal.

2. Just accociate the file with Wine Program Loader.
    rightclick any pps file. >> Open With >> Select wine program loader.
    then wine program loader will automtically open powerpoint because its accociated to pps in enviroment created by wine.

and why not to go with Open office, it supports pps files too. just a suggestion
    Never make any misteaks.

Read my Blog at --> Penguin Inside Subscribe Feed