Find the answer to your Linux question:
Im not sure if this is possible or if it makes any sense I am using a windows ssh client called Tunnelier to connect to my server windows server at ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Executing a Linux application from within Wine

Im not sure if this is possible or if it makes any sense

I am using a windows ssh client called Tunnelier to connect to my server windows server at the office. The program has an option to execute a command when the connection is established and I wan't it to load rdesktop (or any linux rdp client for that matter). Only problem is it only wants to load from within the windows api. Is there a way to perhaps make a batch file that will call up rdesktop from within X and not wine?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by efloth; 12-20-2008 at 06:13 AM. Reason: makes more sense

Just Joined!
    To the best of my knowledge, commands issued in WINE by the user are limited to WINE (with the exception of remote commands). So I am not sure how you would go about that.

Just Joined!

False: you CAN invoke linux from wine

False: you CAN invoke linux from wine.

But doing so implies to do some Registry tricks.
    I.e., you should REGISTER (in the Window$ sense, of course) the linux app you are trying to use, as the window$ program associated with some file extension.

I have no time now to fully explain the mechanics of this registry trick. I will post that as soon as I can.