Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am trying to run PicBasic Pro and MicroCode Studio (software used to write, compile and program Microchip PIC chips) and I am having trouble. It doesn't help matters that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

need help with Wine and PicBasicPro/MicroCode Studio

I am trying to run PicBasic Pro and MicroCode Studio (software used to write, compile and program Microchip PIC chips) and I am having trouble. It doesn't help matters that I am new to Linux, either.

I am running Ubuntu 8.10 with Wine 1.0.1 if that helps. I have installed both programs and I can run MCS and it seems to work fine. I can pass PBP a file and it will compile it with no problems. The trouble comes in when MCS tries to pass PBP the file from within itself. It comes back with a "fatal: out of memory" error.

Also, with PBP's directory set under options, you should be able to click on About in MCS and it will tell you what version of PBP is installed. Instead, it tells me that PBP is not installed.

Has anyone every used these programs or had similar problems using one program as a front-end to another?

Thank you in advance....

---
    Derek Tombrello
    Last edited by oz; 03-01-2009 at 03:39 PM.

Just Joined!
    If it helps, I think that the problem is that MicroCode is trying to run PicBasic and it isn't using the Wine program to do it. There's no way for me to give MicroCode the whole wine/program link. Is there any other way that I can make sure that one Windoze program can run another from within itself without problems?

Just Joined!
    Just a crazy thought....came up my mind:
    Rename pbpw.exe to pbpw_.exe
    make a bat file named pbpw.bat and using a bat to exe (!) compiler compile new pbpw.bat to pbpw.exe and pass any parameters you want ! JUSt A THOUGHT!!!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I appreciate it, but I have since install Sun VirtualBox. Thanks anyway.