Find the answer to your Linux question:
Finally got it installed, and changed the config.wtf file, added what it said i should, then lauched and caught an error. the error reads: This Application has encountered a critical ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!
    Riverside County, Southern California, USA

Question Error Lauching WoW.exe

Finally got it installed, and changed the config.wtf file, added what it said i should, then lauched and caught an error. the error reads:

This Application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR # 132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception
    Program: c:/prgramfiles/worldofwarcraft/wow.exe
    Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 0073:7D2CB7D8

The instruction at "0x7D2CB7D8" referenced memory at "0x76CE2A8C"

Press "ok" to terminate.

What does this error mean? and how can i fix it?
    <hr />

ok. I deleted my config.wtf file and restarted wow. it ran me through the cinematic once more. then came to a black screen, audio is working fine. I closed out and relaunched wow, same black screen.

I added:
    SET gxApi "opengl"
    SET SoundOutputSystem "1"
    SET SoundBufferSize "100"
    SET gxColorBits "24"
    SET gxDepthBits "24"
    and I get the error, similar to the error quoted above, and is also attached. I broke it down into several attachments to get the entire error message to fit.

I then delete the config.wtf once more, I make a copy of the config.wtf file from another computer that runs my wow account, and paste it into the correct folder on the machine that is running linux. I then relaunch wow, and i get the backdrop of the game, but none of the buttons, or text fields show. (Example: "quit" button, "username" text field, "password" text field.)

is there any (hopefully simpler) way to running the game without any issues? or atleast a way to get past the log in screen and on to the character select screen? Please Help.
    <hr />
    Dell Latitude D520 laptop running Mint 6, NOOB
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Subspec; 04-01-2009 at 07:05 PM. Reason: status update

Just Joined!
    Riverside County, Southern California, USA
    i went back again, deleted my config.wtf file once more. relaunched wow to create a new config.wtf file. then added what the forum said to add. i then renamed my directories to take out spaces and caps. and relaunched again, still caught the same type of error. I'm attaching a copy of what i wrote into terminal, and a copy of my config.wtf, can someone please help with this error? i have no idea what it is or how to fix it
    Attached Files Attached Files