Find the answer to your Linux question:
I want to use ubuntu to access my Cisco router. I have been using gtkterm(?) I think and its been working OK. I am studying for CCNA exam and I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Wine Java?

I want to use ubuntu to access my Cisco router. I have been using gtkterm(?) I think and its been working OK. I am studying for CCNA exam and I would like to get some practice using the SDM gui. I have wine installed and it starts to install the SDM..OK, but then stops, becuse it needs new Java jre.something. I installed the linux version already. Then I tried to download and install a windows version(under wine) and it stops at the end with a compression prob? How and which version of jre should I use? ALSO this SDM uses IE interface. My Int Exp doesnt seem to work.

Download and install Java on Wine..
    Its not guaranteed to work. but reported working by some poeple. ( look on appdb.winehq.org
    many people have different results on this.
    Never make any misteaks.

Read my Blog at --> Penguin Inside Subscribe Feed

I finally managed to instll the java windows version. The SDM program is a whole other story.....Now Im having problems with itunes. Iread somewhere that someone had installed itunes to linux. I couldnt replicate it. But thanks for your reply.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Why you need iTunes? use Rhythmbox. for your Ipod. its nearly a clone. a better one.
    Never make any misteaks.

Read my Blog at --> Penguin Inside Subscribe Feed

OK Rhythm box is not bad. But I have about 200 songs that are m4p format. Encrypted itune junk. Podcasts and audiobooks play under music. I have started a podcast feed and it remains to be seen what it will do. I hate to sync. I used to be real anti itunes, but once they get their hooks in ya..and my other machine is Macbookpro and I have an iphone. I defy anyone to add songs to a nonjailbroke iphone without syncing in itunes.(I may eat my words)But I read alotta these boards. Itunes would be easier. gtkpod created doubles of everything. Just too much hassle.