Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've just installed WINE. Thank you for creating it. But am unshore how to use it. I installed it for the main purpose of running itunes. So I would like ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Downloading into wine

I've just installed WINE. Thank you for creating it. But am unshore how to use it.

I installed it for the main purpose of running itunes. So I would like to know how I would download itunes into wine. Please, if you could do it slowly, step by step.

Hi there. Welcome to the forums

You don't really download things "into" wine. Instead, download the Windows executable, and run it with Wine.

You can normally do this by right-clicking on the icon of the executable, and choosing to "run with wine".
    Registered Linux user #388328 || Registered LFS user #15880
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII
    Need instant help? Try us on IRC -- #linuxforums on freenode

Just Joined!
    Good morning smolloy
    what is the executable?
    I right clicked on the “download now” button on the itunes website, but it didn't give me the option to run with wine.
    The web browser i'm using is not in wine, but just on my regular system, if that makes any difference.

When you downloaded it, it should have saved some executable file on your system. Something like "itunes.exe". Try running that with wine.

By the way, normally it's a good idea to try to run native Linux programs, rather than trying to get windows programs to run in wine. Have a look at some of the topics at the top of the Newbie forum here for lists of Linux equivalents for Windows software.

Remember, native software will typically run much faster and more stably than non-native with Wine.
    Registered Linux user #388328 || Registered LFS user #15880
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII
    Need instant help? Try us on IRC -- #linuxforums on freenode