Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Guys, I've recently become a little obsessed with the Swype concept and I've managed to find a program which seems to do the same thing. It is Windows only ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Lightbulb InScribe On Screen Keyboard

Hi Guys,

I've recently become a little obsessed with the Swype concept and I've managed to find a program which seems to do the same thing. It is Windows only but installed fine under WINE. The program runs correctly with the caveat that it will not enter text into a field.

Do any of you think we could get it up and running? I no nothing about the inner workings of WINE so I don't know if this is a fairly simple matter of ticking a checkbox or a fundimental problem which is unsolvable.

I'm running ubuntu 9.10 with WINE 1.1.31. InScribe is free for personal use and the download I used is here: iliumsoft.com/site/fp/ins_dl.php can't post URLs yet

Many Thanks for any help

Grindboy

OK here's my output from running the program in terminal:

Code:
    michael@michael-desktop:~$ env WINEPREFIX="/home/michael/.wine" wine "C:\Program Files\Ilium Software\InScribe\InScribeTablet.exe" 
    fixme:gdi:ExtCreatePen Hatches not implemented
    Not much to go on

I'm assuming that that's a no then. Could someone explain why Onscreen Keyboards don't work? Is it something that might be fixed in future versions for WINE?

Many thanks
    Grindboy

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close