Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by lynne14 I have to re-install VirtualBox after a Update of the Kernnel as it drops it or the program is not linked or setup then That's because ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by lynne14 View Post
    I have to re-install VirtualBox after a Update of the Kernnel as it drops it or the program is not linked or setup then
    That's because VirtualBox needs special modules in the kernel to run, this not being the case of wine. (Wine (software) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Just Joined!
    Winecfg did the trick. At first it did not do anything, but I realized that it was because I had Steam running seamlessly, so I right-clicked the icon and exited Steam. The game I was testing out was Vice City and once I had loaded up the game, I changed the game's graphics settings to 1280x800 (laptop's resolution) and switched the Wine window to full screen.

Now everytime I launch the game from the desktop shortcut, it launches in full screen mode automatically. The game plays perfectly as well: graphics, sound, music and controls. Very fast and smooth

Thanks for your help guys!

apt-get reinstall wine

This will remove wine, reinstall it, and hopefully put it back in your menus.

Just Joined!
    I'm assuming that last reply was meant for another thread!

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by samsonite2010 View Post
    I'm assuming that last reply was meant for another thread!
    No, someone came along and spammed this thread but that post was deleted and bendib was responding to the post before it got deleted. Actually, bendib's post should have been deleted as well to prevent any confusion.

...and now it has been seeing as how it is no longer relevant.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Ok, thanks for clearing that up. At first I thought I was being accused of spamming and then realized it was my thread in the first place!

Regards,
    S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2