Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Regardless of your reasons for wanting MS Office, I seeem to have the same issue copying MS Office CDs. Errr, I mean archiving, yeah that's it! It always messes up ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Regardless of your reasons for wanting MS Office, I seeem to have the same issue copying MS Office CDs. Errr, I mean archiving, yeah that's it! It always messes up on the spot where it's copying IE. Must be some kind of protection or something there. I'll try tonight to install it and see if there isn't a way around it.

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

To answer the original post, I would say that I'm running M$ Office 2000 on my Mandrake 10.1 box seemlessly using codeweavers' crossover office. Cost me $39 for the license, but if you look at the time you already spent trying to make it work with wine and how much more time you will spend without being sure to succeed, I say $39 ain't that bad...
    Oh and BTW: yes you are supposed to have a M$ licence no matter you run it natively on windows, with wine or through any other ways.

Now about why in the world would I use a M$ office on Linux? Well, at home I'm VERY happy with openoffice. But at work, I evolve in a windows world (sad reallity...). I managed to installed linux on my corporate PC and to have all my tools working fine on it, but I need 100% compatibility with corporate documents. Openoffice does not provide this. 99% compatibility is more than enough at home, but not enough for a professional environnement. And the worse is this intranet web site made for IExplorer that doesn't work well with firefox. I can still hardly believe that I'm forced to use IE on my linux box!!
    But thanks to crossover office, I could at least dumped windows

Linux Guru
    Well, that got me a little futher, but still didn't finish!

fixme:thread:NtSetInformationThread Set ThreadImpersonationToken handle to (nil)

Jeremy

Linux Guru
    Getting yet a little further! After upgrading to 20050111, I was able to install Word, Excel & Pp. Word ran, but *very* buggy, Pp worked almost perfectly and we won't even talk about Excel.

Jeremy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2