Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm using FC2 and recently I installed Wine. By defeault(I think) Wine installed to "/root/.wine". This makes it an issue when I want to browse through my Wine files(I use ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wine questions

I'm using FC2 and recently I installed Wine. By defeault(I think) Wine installed to "/root/.wine". This makes it an issue when I want to browse through my Wine files(I use Ares Lite Edition under Wine which means my shared folder is "/root/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Ares Lite Edition/My Shared Folder". To access My Shared Folder as a normal user, I must use the terminal in SU mode. I would like to find a way to access My Shared Foldrer as a normal user in a GUI.

My second problem is how to make shortcuts on my desktop to programs I use Wine to run.

Last of all, when I try to run Ares Lite Edition with Wine, it returns this error:
    [root@localhost Ares Lite Edition]# wine areslite.exe
    fixme:ole:CoInitializeSecurity ((nil),-1,(nil),(nil),2,3,(nil),0,(nil)) - stub!

And this just in: my sound no longer works.

SoxicTun
    as for your first question:
    Code:
    chown -R toxicsun /root/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Ares Lite Edition/My Shared Folder
    to create a desktop shortcut, right-click on your desktop and select new shortcut or whatever and under the command dealie, type:
    Code:
    wine /path/to/program.exe
    -lakerdonald