Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello I have a dedicated server with centos and I want to run a executail the following form aplication.exe extension.dll file.jpeg > out.txt exactly is an application with 2 arguments: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

run windows exe to centos

Hello

I have a dedicated server with centos and I want to run a executail the following form

aplication.exe extension.dll file.jpeg > out.txt

exactly is an application with 2 arguments: a dll and an image, that write the result in text file. wine seems a complicated way, I want to know if there is something very simple application to solve this problem. No X server installed and do not want, I use PuTTY for more control.

I would like to know if there is a simple application without graphical interface, use only the console, to resolve that exe windows. executable is compiled in Delphi.

Thanks, waiting for your suggestions.

Wine is a fantastic project, but I wouldnt use it in a production server environment.
    On the other hand there is no way of executing windows exefiles without wine or virtualization solutions.

I see two approaches:
    1) is it possible to recompile that delphi programm as a native linux programm?
    2) maybe one can reproduce the procedures and output you require with existing tools?
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Just Joined!
    thanks for the reply. May be other suggestions? or there exist a simple version of the Wine project?

I tried to install but require server X on my server but i do not care because I work with putty.

Thanks

There is no "wine light", sorry.
    So, if you cannot recompile this tool or replace with linux tools, only virtualization or a windows server or a complete rewrite stay as options.

Just Joined!
    If I opt for virtualization, and install and use a classic XP's resources to run this executable and follow his will generate a text file. This text file of XP virtual environment can be accessed by php scripts from my linux server? Only for read some information from him.

Thanks.

yes, files can be exchanged with a virtualized windows.
    Just as one would with a native windows install.
    That means: samba and CIFS network shares.

It will be tricky to trigger that tool inside windows from a linux environment automatically.
    Also, you need to run the virtualization software headless, as you do not want an X server.
    Virtualization also needs some ressources, mainly RAM and IO.

doesn't need to be samba or cifs necessarily, if you use vmware you can share files between guest and host without that