Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi i want to install ie6 in my linux machine 5.so i tried ies4linux 2.0.3 to install but it is giving me error in CAB files please help and solve ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

An error occured when trying to cabextract some files.

hi
    i want to install ie6 in my linux machine 5.so i tried ies4linux 2.0.3 to install
    but it is giving me error in CAB files
    please help and solve my problem
    my installation process is as follow

./ies4linux
    IEs4Linux 2.0 is developed to be used with recent Wine versions (0.9.x). It seems that you are using an old version (wine-1.2-rc3). It's recommended that you update your wine to the latest version (Go to: winehq.com).

Welcome, nishita! I'm IEs4Linux.
    I can install IE 6, 5.5 and 5.0 for you easily and quickly.
    You are just four 'enter's away from your IEs.

I'll ask you some questions now. Just answer y or n (default answer is the bold one)

IE 6 will be installed automatically.
    Do you want to install IE 5.5 SP2 too? [ y / n ] n

And do you want to install IE 5.01 SP2? [ y / n ] n

IEs can be installed using one of the following locales:
    EN-US PT-BR DE FR ES IT NL SV JA KO NO
    DA CN TW FI PL HU AR HE CS PT RU EL TR
    Default is EN-US. Hit enter to keep it or choose a different one:

By default, I will install everything at /home/nishita/.ies4linux
    I will also install Flash 9 plugin and create Desktop shortcuts.
    Is that ok for you? (To configure advanced options type n) [ y / n ] n

Should I install Adobe Flash 9 plugin? [ y / n ] y

And how about Desktop icons? Can I create them? [ y / n ] y

Everything will be installed at /home/nishita/.ies4linux
    Hit enter to keep this or type the new folder (absolute path):

Binary launchers will be created at /home/nishita/bin
    Hit enter to keep this or type the new folder:

We'll use wget to download files. If you need some special flag (proxy,...), type them now:

All right! Let's start the installations...

Downloading everything we need
    DCOM98.EXE
    mfc40.cab
    249973USA8.exe
    ADVAUTH.CAB
    CRLUPD.CAB
    HHUPD.CAB
    IEDOM.CAB
    IE_S1.CAB
    IE_S2.CAB
    IE_S5.CAB
    IE_S4.CAB
    IE_S3.CAB
    IE_S6.CAB
    SCR56EN.CAB
    SETUPW95.CAB
    FONTCORE.CAB
    FONTSUP.CAB
    VGX.CAB
    swflash.cab
    [ OK ]

Installing IE 6
    Initializing
    Creating Wine Prefix
    /tmp/ies4linux-2.0.3/lib/install.sh: line 19: }#: command not found
    /tmp/ies4linux-2.0.3/lib/install.sh: line 20: wineprefixcreate: command not found
    Extracting CAB files
    /home/nishita/.ies4linux/downloads/ie6/EN-US//ADVAUTH.CAB: WARNING; possible 6752 extra bytes at end of file.
    /home/nishita/.ies4linux/downloads/ie6/EN-US//CRLUPD.CAB: WARNING; possible 6752 extra bytes at end of file.
    /home/nishita/.ies4linux/downloads/ie6/EN-US//HHUPD.CAB: WARNING; possible 6720 extra bytes at end of file.
    /home/nishita/.ies4linux/downloads/ie6/EN-US//IEDOM.CAB: WARNING; possible 6752 extra bytes at end of file.
    /home/nishita/.ies4linux/downloads/ie6/EN-US//IE_S1.CAB: WARNING; possible 6752 extra bytes at end of file.
    /home/nishita/.ies4linux/downloads/ie6/EN-US//IE_S2.CAB: no valid cabinets found
    /home/nishita/.ies4linux/downloads/ie6/EN-US//IE_S3.CAB: WARNING; possible 6752 extra bytes at end of file.
    /home/nishita/.ies4linux/downloads/ie6/EN-US//IE_S4.CAB: WARNING; possible 6752 extra bytes at end of file.
    /home/nishita/.ies4linux/downloads/ie6/EN-US//IE_S5.CAB: WARNING; possible 6752 extra bytes at end of file.
    /home/nishita/.ies4linux/downloads/ie6/EN-US//IE_S6.CAB: WARNING; possible 6752 extra bytes at end of file.
    /home/nishita/.ies4linux/downloads/ie6/EN-US//SCR56EN.CAB: WARNING; possible 6464 extra bytes at end of file.
    /home/nishita/.ies4linux/downloads/ie6/EN-US//SETUPW95.CAB: WARNING; possible 6752 extra bytes at end of file.
    /home/nishita/.ies4linux/downloads/ie6/EN-US//VGX.CAB: WARNING; possible 6896 extra bytes at end of file.
    An error occured when trying to cabextract some files.

please solve this issue as i urgently want ie6 on my linux machine

Why, oh why would one urgently want ie6.
    Let alone on a linux :P

Even ms tries to kill that beast.

That aside, this script expects wine 0.9, while you have a much newer (1.2 rc3)
    And there seems to be some kind of synatx error in it.
    Code:
    Creating Wine Prefix
    /tmp/ies4linux-2.0.3/lib/install.sh: line 20: wineprefixcreate: command not found
    So, no easy fix.

Actually, I would go for a VM if there *really* was need for ie6.
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

This will download the install *.exe. The run it w/wine.
    Download IE6 - In FULL
    or avoid all that and download the whole thing at once here:
    http://www.oldversion.com/download/msie60.exe

Just Joined!
    hi thanks for reply
    but when i install ies4linux it says u r using an older version update it to new.well i am using the new version.and i tried installing ies4linux as ./ies4linux --locale PT-BR.it removes the error of cab files and making a file of ie6 in /home/nishita/bin/ie6.to run ie6 from the sourse.but still giving error after initializing ie6
    coding is as follow
    [nishita@ciweb ies4linux-2.0.3]$ ./ies4linux --locale PT-BR
    IEs4Linux 2.0 is developed to be used with recent Wine versions (0.9.x). It seems that you are using an old version (wine-1.2-rc3). It's recommended that you update your wine to the latest version (Go to: winehq.com).

Welcome, nishita! I'm IEs4Linux.
    I can install IE 6, 5.5 and 5.0 for you easily and quickly.
    You are just four 'enter's away from your IEs.

I'll ask you some questions now. Just answer y or n (default answer is the bold one)

IE 6 will be installed automatically.
    Do you want to install IE 5.5 SP2 too? [ y / n ] n

And do you want to install IE 5.01 SP2? [ y / n ] n

By default, I will install everything at /home/nishita/.ies4linux
    I will also install Flash 9 plugin and create Desktop shortcuts.
    Is that ok for you? (To configure advanced options type n) [ y / n ] n

Should I install Adobe Flash 9 plugin? [ y / n ] y

And how about Desktop icons? Can I create them? [ y / n ] y

Everything will be installed at /home/nishita/.ies4linux
    Hit enter to keep this or type the new folder (absolute path):

Binary launchers will be created at /home/nishita/bin
    Hit enter to keep this or type the new folder:

We'll use wget to download files. If you need some special flag (proxy,...), type them now:

All right! Let's start the installations...

Downloading everything we need
    DCOM98.EXE
    mfc40.cab
    249973USA8.exe
    ADVAUTH.CAB
    CRLUPD.CAB
    HHUPD.CAB
    IEDOM.CAB
    IE_S1.CAB
    IE_S2.CAB
    IE_S5.CAB
    IE_S4.CAB
    IE_S3.CAB
    IE_S6.CAB
    SCR56EN.CAB
    SETUPW95.CAB
    FONTCORE.CAB
    FONTSUP.CAB
    VGX.CAB
    swflash.cab
    [ OK ]

Installing IE 6
    Initializing
    Creating Wine Prefix
    Extracting CAB files
    Processing inf file
    wine: created the configuration directory '/home/nishita/.ies4linux/ie6'
    fixme:setupapi:SetupDefaultQueueCallbackW notification 262144 params 33f790,0
    err:setupapi:SetupDefaultQueueCallbackW copy error 0 L"Z:\\home\\nishita\\.ies4linux\\tmp\\rsaenh.dl l" -> L"C:\\windows\\system32\\rsaenh.dll"
    err:setupapi:SetupDefaultQueueCallbackW copy error 0 L"Z:\\home\\nishita\\.ies4linux\\tmp\\sch128c.d ll" -> L"C:\\windows\\system32\\schannel.dll"
    err:setupapi:SetupDefaultQueueCallbackW copy error 0 L"Z:\\home\\nishita\\.ies4linux\\tmp\\sch128c.d ll" -> L"C:\\windows\\system32\\schannel.dll"
    Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
    Installing IE 6
    mv: target `/home/nishita/.ies4linux/ie6/drive_c/Windows/Inf/' is not a directory
    mv: cannot move `cscript.exe' to `/home/nishita/.ies4linux/ie6/drive_c/Windows//': Not a directory
    mv: cannot move `wscript.exe' to `/home/nishita/.ies4linux/ie6/drive_c/Windows/': Not a directory
    mv: cannot move `sch128c.dll' to `/home/nishita/.ies4linux/ie6/drive_c/Windows/system/schannel.dll': No such file or directory
    Installing TTF Fonts
    mv: target `/home/nishita/.ies4linux/ie6/drive_c/Windows/Fonts/' is not a directory
    Installing RICHED20
    err:setupapi:SetupDefaultQueueCallbackW copy error 0 L"Z:\\home\\nishita\\.ies4linux\\tmp\\riched32.dll " -> L"C:\\windows\\system32\\riched32.dll"
    err:setupapi:SetupDefaultQueueCallbackW copy error 0 L"Z:\\home\\nishita\\.ies4linux\\tmp\\riched20.120 " -> L"C:\\windows\\system32\\riched20.dll"
    mv: cannot move `1200up.inf' to `/home/nishita/.ies4linux/ie6/drive_c/Windows/Inf/': Not a directory
    Installing ActiveX MFC40
    err:setupapi:SetupDefaultQueueCallbackW copy error 0 L"Z:\\home\\nishita\\.ies4linux\\tmp\\olepro32.dll " -> L"C:\\windows\\system32\\olepro32.dll"
    mv: cannot move `mfc40.inf' to `/home/nishita/.ies4linux/ie6/drive_c/Windows/Inf/': Not a directory
    Installing DCOM98
    Installing registry
    Finalizing
    err:module:import_dll Library rpcrt4.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library advapi32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\wineboot.exe") not found
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\windows\\system32\\wineboot.exe" failed, status c0000135
    lib/functions.sh: line 21: cd: /home/nishita/Desktop: No such file or directory
    lib/functions.sh: line 21: cd: /home/nishita/desktop: No such file or directory
    [ OK ]

Installing Flash Player 9
    Extracting files
    Installing flash on ie6
    cp: cannot create regular file `/home/nishita/.ies4linux/ie6/drive_c/Windows/Inf/': Is a directory
    err:module:import_dll Library rpcrt4.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\advapi32.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library advapi32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\wineboot.exe") not found
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\windows\\system32\\wineboot.exe" failed, status c0000135
    [ OK ]

IEs 4 Linux installations finished!

To run your IEs, type:
    /home/nishita/bin/ie6

If you have 5 minutes, help me translating IEs4Linux to your language.

Now this is the error.is there no outcome without changing the wine version to 0.9.