Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Post [SOLVED] Installing Wine on Kubuntu

Hey guys! I have Kubuntu and I cant seem to figure out how to install wine...I want to use a program called RPG Maker vx, which I used on my windows before it got destroyed so I got a new computer with Linux...anyways if anyone has a tutoriel on how to install wine and use it on Kubuntu then Please help me....

o_____________O ----------Thanks, Aidan----------------------O______________o

SuperMod (Back again) devils casper's Avatar
    wine is available in sources. If your machine has internet access then execute this in Konsole :
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install wine
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

noo

Quote Originally Posted by devils casper View Post
    wine is available in sources. If your machine has internet access then execute this in Konsole :
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install wine
    I do that and it says password for aidan:

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Enter your password. Nothing will appear when you type password, not even *****. Just type correct password and hit Enter key.

Thumbs down

Enter your password. Nothing will appear when you type password, not even *****. Just type correct password and hit Enter key.
    Oh what if i dont have a password? I have a Ktnetmanager password thinger and I used that but it says please try again...

Nm I did enter my actual password and now it says its done reading package lists....so what to do now? to run it?

Ignore

Haha sorry Ignore my 2 posts, I figured out you dont run it you just install programs as if you were on windows thanks for the help Buddy..........

A lot of packages available in sources which you can install through package manager apt-get or its Graphical Interface Adept or Synaptic.
    I would suggest you to install Synaptic Package Manager. You can install/update/remove packages with it easily.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install synaptic
    Look for Synaptic Package Manager after its successful installation.

Banned
    Hi devils!
    Thank for your guide. My problem has now been solved.