Find the answer to your Linux question:
Okay, I will start off by saying, i'm a complete linux noob, after some considerable googling i cant seem to find a solution, so Am curious if anyone else has ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Crackling Warcraft Sound

Okay, I will start off by saying, i'm a complete linux noob, after some considerable googling i cant seem to find a solution, so Am curious if anyone else has any ideas of how to solve my issue.

I am a big fan of World of warcraft, and decided to try it in Linux after windows keeps failing on me, All i can say is wow, visually, nothing much different to Windows, maybe 5-10FPS less here and there but runs brilliantly, however, wait no sound.

I tried and tried to get it to work with OGG in wine, and ended up downloading a wrapper called alsa-oss so at the start of the shortcut to wow it goes- aoss wine
    Code:
    "/media/[hard disk thing]/Users/Public/Games/World of Warcraft/WoW.exe" -opengl
    This got sound working, after fiddling with every combination of settings possible in game the sound works, but is very very crackly.

If anyone has any thoughts i would be very happy to hear them

Just Joined!
    Bit of extra info, im using 5.1 Audio, Realtek AC 97 and have tried fidlling with an Sound blaster Audigy for the same issue