Find the answer to your Linux question:
Having trouble loading WoW and it seems that one solution is using an older version of Wine (1.1.43) or a different kernel. I am new to Linux so I don't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to install older verison of Wine with new one already installed?

Having trouble loading WoW and it seems that one solution is using an older version of Wine (1.1.43) or a different kernel. I am new to Linux so I don't want to mess with kernels (nor do I really know much about them) so I thought using an earlier version of Wine might do the trick. Unfortunately, I have already downloaded and installed Wine 1.2. How can I run 1.1.43 with 1.2 already installed? Is there a way to uninstall it? I thought I had found that option, but it looked like it was just for software that I am running with Wine.

Or, perhaps installing an earlier version of Wine won't help me at all..it seems like other people are having this problem too.

Hello and Welcome.
    Have you tried changing the settings for Wine? Issue this command in a terminal window (not as root or sudo).
    Code:
    winecfg
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Thank you,

What would I be looking to change in the settings? I have that open, but I'm afraid I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

Try setting Wine to run as a different version of Windows, like Win98 instead of Win2000.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.