Find the answer to your Linux question:
Greetings, I've installed Tomb Raider Underworld in wine, but when I tried to start the game I got the following message: Code: "Tomb Raider: Underworld Error" "This game requires a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wine-Winetricks-Directx Tomb Raider Underworld

Greetings,

I've installed Tomb Raider Underworld in wine, but when I tried to start the game I got the following message:

Code:
    "Tomb Raider: Underworld Error" 
    "This game requires a DirectX9.0c capable graphics card. your card or driver does not support DirectX9.0c 3D Acceleration."

I've winetricks installed and I installed: "d3dx9", "physx" using winetricks and I still get the same message. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Note: Tomb Raider Underworld has been tested by users and it works on wine, there are some youtube videos as well as entries in WineHQ that say it worked, my problem is the Directx message that I get that would not let me start the game.

Some specs:----
    NVIDIA Driver Version: 195.36.31
    Operating System: Fedora 13, Linux-x86_64

Graphics Processor: GeForce GTX 260M
    Memory: 1024MB
    Memory Interface: 256-bit
    any help would be appreciated, thx in advance.

Just Joined!
    I tried to execute the game using the Terminal these are the messages that I got, they might help:

Code:
    [root@work Tomb Raider - Underworld]$ wine tru.exe 
    fixme:ole:CoInitializeSecurity ((nil),-1,(nil),(nil),0,3,(nil),0,(nil)) - stub! 
    err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} not registered 
    err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} not registered 
    err:ole:create_server class {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} not registered 
    fixme:ole:CoGetClassObject CLSCTX_REMOTE_SERVER not supported 
    err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {9a5ea990-3034-4d6f-9128-01f3c61022bc} could be created for context 0x17 
    err:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo  couldn't initialize OpenGL, expect problems 
    err:d3d_caps:WineD3D_CreateFakeGLContext Can't find a suitable iPixelFormat. 
    err:d3d:InitAdapters Failed to get a gl context for default adapter 
    Direct3D9 is not available without OpenGL.

Then After that I receive the dialog box:
    Code:
    "Tomb Raider: Underworld Error" 
    "This game requires a DirectX9.0c capable graphics card. your card or driver does not support DirectX9.0c 3D Acceleration."