Find the answer to your Linux question:
If theres one thing i miss from windows its this ****. I downloaded the windows cliet of eve(tyrannus or something like that...newest version) everything installed using wine, but when i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Eve Online

If theres one thing i miss from windows its this ****.

I downloaded the windows cliet of eve(tyrannus or something like that...newest version) everything installed using wine, but when i try to run , it says..." the program file exefile.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience."

Not really sure how to go about this...im still a noob at linux...( i run mint btw). Not an emergency, but i would like to resolve this since i do plan on getting a new pc in the next few months....hopefully, lol.
    Last edited by Drunkard; 10-16-2010 at 05:44 AM.

Hi and welcome to the forums! Wine is an imperfect solution to running Windows games and applications under Linux. Some games will run almost as well as under Windows, some with tolerable issues and others poorly if at all. This is a good resource for Windows games under wine. Good luck!
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered:#371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    well....according to the wine website. seems like a few people have gotten it to run pretty well (near perfect) on it various distros not name linux mint (which is what im using). Since it is based on ubuntu i guess i could follow their instructions? Im terribly noobish when it comes to fiddling around with the settings on this.

This looks like a pretty good "How To" I found in one Google. Try following their instructions as best you can. If you get stuck, post back your question(s) and I or someone else will be happy to help.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered:#371367 New Members: click here