Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi, my friend recently brought a Linux computer and he downloaded wine, downloaded steam and brought team fortress 2 and Garry's mod. They are all fully downloaded. But when he ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy steam games not loading

hi, my friend recently brought a Linux computer and he downloaded wine, downloaded steam and brought team fortress 2 and Garry's mod. They are all fully downloaded. But when he clicks on any of the games, they just say preparing to launch, closes and then nothing happens. The game does not load. What should he do?

thanks sooooo much

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Read the instructions found on this page;

WineHQ - Team Fortress 2 Steam

The first time you run team fortress 2 requires you to add a command to the launcher.
    If you follow the instructions you should not have many problems as this game is rated gold to platinum.

As for Garry's Mod you can check out this page for tips;

WineHQ - Garry's Mod 12

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaZMAniac View Post
    Read the instructions found on this page;

WineHQ - Team Fortress 2 Steam

The first time you run team fortress 2 requires you to add a command to the launcher.
    If you follow the instructions you should not have many problems as this game is rated gold to platinum.

As for Garry's Mod you can check out this page for tips;

WineHQ - Garry's Mod 12
    Thanks Taz. I don't run these sort of games, on Linux or otherwise, so I am a bit clueless in this regard. Hence the recommendation to post a query to WineHQ.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

You're welcome Rubberman.

I'm not a gamer either but many of my co-workers are and several of them use Linux.
    Thus I became fairly proficient with Wine through proxy. LOL!!

I have also found that if you search your game at Winehq, many of the entries have user comments and help on how to install and run the games. Unfortunately many new users are not aware of that page so I try to publicize it a bit more.

Happy New Years!!