Find the answer to your Linux question:
When I uninstall wine, it doesn't leave my applications tab. I tried reinstalling it several times. I haven't been able to get steam to work, so i figured I'd just ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] Wine won't uninstall

When I uninstall wine, it doesn't leave my applications tab. I tried reinstalling it several times. I haven't been able to get steam to work, so i figured I'd just uninstall it. An attempt to get the wine uninstaller to work yields this:

Code:
    [rootVanessa ~]# wine uninstaller
    wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at adress 0x58757d78 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
    Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit code (0x58757d78).
    Register dump:
     CS:0073 SS:007b DS:007b ES:007b FS:0033 GS:003b
     EIP:58757d78 ESP:0033fce8 EBP:0033fd30 EFLAGS:00210207(  R- --  I   - -P-C)
     >
    etc

Does anyone know what's wrong or how to fix it?

If your using a Debian based distro like Ubuntu that has a package manager like Synaptic
    package manger you can do a search for wine then tell it to fully remove it.

After you do that go to your home folder and click on View and select Show Hidden Files.
    Look for the .wine folder and you can delete that folder.
    It holds all your personal configuration files for wine and cause a problem should you later re-install wine.

Just Joined!
    Thanks a lot. I hadn't deleted the .wine file.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close