Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, Could you please help me in my following scenario… Problem Statement: In one windows machine, I have one application (BusinessObject) file which has to perform some kind of import ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question Execute Command from Linux in Windows machine

Hi,
    Could you please help me in my following scenario…

Problem Statement: In one windows machine, I have one application (BusinessObject) file which has to perform some kind of import jobs upon getting parameters on command line.

The command to execute this import statement in windows is:

Code:
    java -jar biarengine.jar <<properties file name with location>>
    As part of automation in my project, I am trying to run this command along with parameter from Linux machine. I mean to say when I fire these command from Linux machine, it should get executed in Windows machine.

My questions is: What are the way we have available on which I can fire these command and make sure these got executed in Windows remotely.
    Any help on this?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    There are literally dozens of methods to accomplish this, but which is best for you depends upon a lot of factors that are not clear here. First question - how are you connecting from Linux to Windows?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your reply. At present my requirement at evolving stage and I am open for any possible ways to get that.

Coukld you please share some of the methods by which i can achieve this?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by rajeshatbuzz View Post
    Dear Sir,

Thanks for your reply. At present my requirement at evolving stage and I am open for any possible ways to get that.

Coukld you please share some of the methods by which i can achieve this?
    Time for you to do some research. There are remote control applications such as VNC, remote shells such as telnet and ssh, building your own client/server tools, web servers, etc. Which may be best depends, and we don't have enough information to go further than this. That's your job, IMO...
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!