Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
It would appear my problem is with the new Nvidia drivers. I booted into CRUX 2.5 which is running: wine-1.3.3 NVIDIA-Linux-x86-260.19.21 xorg-server 1.6.3 StarCraft runs perfectly with this setup. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

It would appear my problem is with the new Nvidia drivers. I booted into CRUX 2.5 which is running:

wine-1.3.3
    NVIDIA-Linux-x86-260.19.21
    xorg-server 1.6.3

StarCraft runs perfectly with this setup. I then replaced NVIDIA driver version 260.19.21 with the newest 270.41.06 on CRUX 2.5 and have a black screen again.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    It would appear my problem is with the new Nvidia drivers. I booted into CRUX 2.5 which is running:

wine-1.3.3
    NVIDIA-Linux-x86-260.19.21
    xorg-server 1.6.3

StarCraft runs perfectly with this setup. I then replaced NVIDIA driver version 260.19.21 with the newest 270.41.06 on CRUX 2.5 and have a black screen again.
    Sounds like you found the problem. Or at least I hope you did.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Tried downgrading xorg-server to 1.9.5 and it froze my keyboard and mouse rendering both useless. Went back to xorg-server 1.10.1 which got keyboard and mouse going again. Also installed newest wine released two days ago and no change with the black screen deal. Strange that I can't find where anyone else is having this issue. Looks like I've painted myself into a corner...

As a last ditch effort, I did a full nuke and pave of my ~/.wine directory , installed the latest Steam and got into the Half-Life training room! There must be some sort of old configuration around that wasn't playing well with the upgrades. I'll try a fresh install of StarCraft next.

After a fresh install of StarCraft in the new ~/.wine directory, no black screen! So, after a very long wild goose chase, there was some configuration in my home .wine directory that was causing the trouble. I don't know what it was but I'm so very happy to get this sorted!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2