Find the answer to your Linux question:
does anybody know when a new Wine is coming out, I still have problems running some programs and I have to use a Windows computer to do it. Id like ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

update

does anybody know when a new Wine is coming out, I still have problems running some programs and I have to use a Windows computer to do it.

Id like to make a full switch to Linux but it just isnt possible at the moment untill Wine is fully working.

Wine is fully functional. See http://www.winehq.com for more info. Also check out this site, as it's an excellent wine[x] resource.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

it does have some problems with games though that look for debugers. that is why there is the CVS cedega (formerly known as winex) you will have to pay for full cedega if you need to install games onto a native linux partition as stupid cd protection gets in the way.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Linux Enthusiast
    We might be able to list Linux alternatives if you'll post which programs you're trying to install, the exception of course being games.
    Emotions are the key to the soul.
    Registered Linux User #375050

Quote Originally Posted by Stormblazer
    We might be able to list Linux alternatives if you'll post which programs you're trying to install, the exception of course being games.
    Though various games do run natively under Linux (esp. the Unreal Tournament series). Praises be to those developers, and a pocks on all other game devs!
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Linux Engineer
    Don't forget the other option for non-games apps - Codeweavers Crossover plugin.

They've done a great job getting apps to run, and most of them flawlessly.
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly