Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I seen at Slashdot transgaming released a program so you can run HL2 and CS Source on Linux.. The transgaming program uses wine but Im not interested in paying for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

CS Source & HL2 on Wine

I seen at Slashdot transgaming released a program so you can run HL2 and CS Source on Linux.. The transgaming program uses wine but Im not interested in paying for this program. Does anyone know hwo to run CS Source or HL2 just using wine? WHen I try to install the STEAM Client when running FedoraCore3 I get some error messages....

Just Joined!
    I've been spending all day trying to get Half-life2 and Counterstrike:source working on cedega (the program that transgamers released). I can't get it to work. Maybe other people have but I've failed.

As for running it in wine, you can't. Wine cannot handle above directX 7.0 and HL2 requires 9.

Just Joined!
    hmmm how much does cedega cost? any word when a new version of wine or anything will work with Hl2 and CS S?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    hl2 and wow need cedega 4.2 to run it. i wouldn;t even kknow if its out yet. if it isn't then there is no point in trying is there.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Just Joined!
    ill just run it on my windows box then

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by lintux
    hmmm how much does cedega cost? any word when a new version of wine or anything will work with Hl2 and CS S?
    Cedega requires a 3 month subscription from transgamers. It's 3 a month, I can't remeber what that is in other currency.

You can get the source code to Cedega free, but from that you have to compile your own binaries.

Linux Enthusiast
    Wine doesn't support DirectX 9 yet, but the latest versions already have a foundation started for it. As for Cedega's sources being free, could someone point to where they are available? I've looked all over their site, and I couldn't find anything.
    Emotions are the key to the soul.
    Registered Linux User #375050

Linux Engineer
    You can install cedega by cvs

http://transgaming.org/cvs/
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

I thought I might add that the difference between the paid version and the CVS tree (besides having to compile it yourself) is that the paid version includes copy-protection handling algorithms that allow you to use copy-protected CDs (sadly, that means almost *any* game these days).
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Engineer
    Plus for your dosh you get Point2Play, a gui admin thingy.
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast