Find the answer to your Linux question:
When do you think that Wine will get to the point where it can run Windows Movie Maker?The fact is that currently,Ubuntu has only one video editing program decent enough ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Windows Movie Maker love

When do you think that Wine will get to the point where it can run Windows Movie Maker?The fact is that currently,Ubuntu has only one video editing program decent enough to compare with Adobe Premiere Elements.I used to have Premiere Elements,but lost my laptop before I knew I had to deactivate the software first.It would've been nice to know that,but oh well.I've looked at WineHQ,& the experience with WMM isn't so great,Its classified as "garbage" which means that it can't run in Linux.WMM is so simple & easy to use for me,especially since I don't have my Adobe Premiere Elements anymore.Does anyone know if any Linux distro,Ubuntu maybe,is planning on overhauling Wine to have the ability to run more programs in Wine?

I don't actually do any video editing, so I can't personally speak for any of these.
    But here is a small list of native Linux alternative programs: Windows Movie Maker - The Linux Alternative Project

You could try them out, and see if any of them suit your needs.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Not really a solution but more of a heads up.
    Lightworks was to be released last month for Linux but has been delayed until mid-year.
    But once it is released it will be a happy day for Linux video editors.
    You can check it out here;
    Lightworks

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by TaZMAniac View Post
    Not really a solution but more of a heads up.
    Lightworks was to be released last month for Linux but has been delayed until mid-year.
    But once it is released it will be a happy day for Linux video editors.
    You can check it out here;
    Lightworks

Hmm,I just can't wait,since Openshot is giving me a headache with these missing codecs.