Find the answer to your Linux question:
OK here is the issue. I have a program that is working great in WINE , except one slight issue. The program ties to a SQL database for all of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wine unc path

OK here is the issue. I have a program that is working great in WINE , except one slight issue. The program ties to a SQL database for all of its data. I do have it working properly with SQL now, but with one issue. The program has a massive database of images files you can search for. They use a standard Windows unc path for the images (EXAMPLE) \\windows\share\folder\stuff WINE cannot translate this. If I mount the drive into .gvfs and change its pointer it corrects it for my WINE instance, but breaks it for all of the Windows installs darn SQL....... It also does not use drive lettering. Anyone have any ideas how to fix it? I need to be able to have WINE route to \\windows\share\folder\stuff

Aaron

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Sorry, but I don't know - I only run simple tools on Wine. Have you posted your question on the WineHQ - Run Windows applications on Linux, BSD, Solaris and Mac OS X user forums?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!

Got it working

I got it working thanks to vitamin @ WINE Forums

Below is part of his post. I cannot post the rest due to not having enough posts to post a URL. Sorry

mkdir -p ~/.wine/dosdevices/unc/windows/share/folder
    ln -s ~/.gvfs/share ~/.wine/dosdevices/unc/windows/share/folder/stuff

Aaron