Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
tnx jeremy i copied this code to .wine folder and gave it name "config" . is this ok? bye...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

tnx jeremy i copied this code to .wine folder and gave it name "config" . is this ok?

bye

Linux Guru
    Hopefully, that'll work.

Did it solve your problem?
    jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Just Joined!
    unfortunately not, but thanks anyway. and something else: i have dual boot, but since i installed wine, i can't run windows xp, it says that system32/hal.sll is missing and that i should download that file. but where should i put it after downloading it? would it work with mounting of ntfs? if it would, how can i do this cuz everytime i look for instructions i get different so i'm confused which to use.

tnx
    bye

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    I don't know about your windows problem. You should be able to sneak into Windows rescue mode (or whatever it's called these days) and copy the file. Installing a program for one operating system in a dual boot environment should in no way effect the other OS. I doubt the two problems are related. Maybe, though.

What linux distro are you running? It seems to me that maybe you don't have wine setup correcty. If you're running something like Fedora or Mandrake, use the installation that's native to that distro, such as UPRM or apt-get. Then upgrade wine to the latest version. When I installed wine on Mandrake using URPMI, it setup everything for me, including the file I posted earlier. If you don't want to do that, then I think you'll have to go to winehq and learn how to configure it from scratch.

Jeremy

Just Joined!
    i'm using fedora 3. i downloaded rpm file. how can i compile from scratch? what is scratch actually :> ???

bye

Linux Guru
    Since you're using Fedora, try to install it using apt-get, or whatever Fedora uses. Maybe the Fedora RPMs will setup everything properly for you.

Jeremy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2