Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Skyrim Creation Kit: garbage in object render window

The main cell render window works fine, but the object render window opens with garbage from other stuff on the screen.

A screenshot is at imgur.com/aD98N

I ran the program with WINEDEBUG="warn+all" and no warnings appeared when I opened the problem window. During program load, however, there were numerous "ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile" warnings which came in pairs for my D: and Z: drives, such as
    Code:
    warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim\\msvcrt.dll" not found (c0000034)
    warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\Z:\\home\\alphaniner\\msvcrt.dll" not found (c0000034)
    Some of them came in two pairs and were followed by another type of warning for the same file:
    Code:
    warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim\\d3dx9_42.dll" not found (c0000034)
    warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\Z:\\home\\alphaniner\\d3dx9_42.dll" not found (c0000034)
    warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim\\d3dx9_42.dll" not found (c0000034)
    warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\Z:\\home\\alphaniner\\d3dx9_42.dll" not found (c0000034)
    warn:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"C:\\windows\\system32\\d3dx9_42.dll": /home/alphaniner/wine/wineA/dosdevices/c:/windows/system32/d3dx9_42.dll: invalid ELF header
    I'd like to know if these warnings are something to worry about and/or if there's something else I can do to debug my issue. Thanks you.

Arch Linux 64-bit 3.6.11-1-ARCH
    Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT
    Nvidia driver 310-19
    Wine Version: 1.5.21
    WINEARCH=win32

Quote Originally Posted by alphaniner View Post
    The main cell render window works fine, but the object render window opens with garbage from other stuff on the screen.

A screenshot is at imgur.com/aD98N

I ran the program with WINEDEBUG="warn+all" and no warnings appeared when I opened the problem window. During program load, however, there were numerous "ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile" warnings which came in pairs for my D: and Z: drives, such as
    Code:
    warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim\\msvcrt.dll" not found (c0000034)
    warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\Z:\\home\\alphaniner\\msvcrt.dll" not found (c0000034)
    Some of them came in two pairs and were followed by another type of warning for the same file:
    Code:
    warn:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"C:\\windows\\system32\\d3dx9_42.dll": /home/alphaniner/wine/wineA/dosdevices/c:/windows/system32/d3dx9_42.dll: invalid ELF header
    I'd like to know if these warnings are something to worry about and/or if there's something else I can do to debug my issue. Thanks you.

Arch Linux 64-bit 3.6.11-1-ARCH
    Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT
    Nvidia driver 310-19
    Wine Version: 1.5.21
    WINEARCH=win32
    Hi
    Obviously your wine setup is missing some mandatory DirectX related DLLs.