Find the answer to your Linux question:
The main cell render window works fine, but the object render window opens with garbage from other stuff on the screen. A screenshot is at imgur.com/aD98N I ran the program ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Skyrim Creation Kit: garbage in object render window

The main cell render window works fine, but the object render window opens with garbage from other stuff on the screen.

A screenshot is at imgur.com/aD98N

I ran the program with WINEDEBUG="warn+all" and no warnings appeared when I opened the problem window. During program load, however, there were numerous "ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile" warnings which came in pairs for my D: and Z: drives, such as
    Code:
    warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim\\msvcrt.dll" not found (c0000034)
    warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\Z:\\home\\alphaniner\\msvcrt.dll" not found (c0000034)
    Some of them came in two pairs and were followed by another type of warning for the same file:
    Code:
    warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim\\d3dx9_42.dll" not found (c0000034)
    warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\Z:\\home\\alphaniner\\d3dx9_42.dll" not found (c0000034)
    warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim\\d3dx9_42.dll" not found (c0000034)
    warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\Z:\\home\\alphaniner\\d3dx9_42.dll" not found (c0000034)
    warn:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"C:\\windows\\system32\\d3dx9_42.dll": /home/alphaniner/wine/wineA/dosdevices/c:/windows/system32/d3dx9_42.dll: invalid ELF header
    I'd like to know if these warnings are something to worry about and/or if there's something else I can do to debug my issue. Thanks you.

Arch Linux 64-bit 3.6.11-1-ARCH
    Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT
    Nvidia driver 310-19
    Wine Version: 1.5.21
    WINEARCH=win32

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaniner View Post
    The main cell render window works fine, but the object render window opens with garbage from other stuff on the screen.

A screenshot is at imgur.com/aD98N

I ran the program with WINEDEBUG="warn+all" and no warnings appeared when I opened the problem window. During program load, however, there were numerous "ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile" warnings which came in pairs for my D: and Z: drives, such as
    Code:
    warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim\\msvcrt.dll" not found (c0000034)
    warn:ntdll:NtQueryAttributesFile L"\\??\\Z:\\home\\alphaniner\\msvcrt.dll" not found (c0000034)
    Some of them came in two pairs and were followed by another type of warning for the same file:
    Code:
    warn:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"C:\\windows\\system32\\d3dx9_42.dll": /home/alphaniner/wine/wineA/dosdevices/c:/windows/system32/d3dx9_42.dll: invalid ELF header
    I'd like to know if these warnings are something to worry about and/or if there's something else I can do to debug my issue. Thanks you.

Arch Linux 64-bit 3.6.11-1-ARCH
    Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT
    Nvidia driver 310-19
    Wine Version: 1.5.21
    WINEARCH=win32
    Hi
    Obviously your wine setup is missing some mandatory DirectX related DLLs.