Find the answer to your Linux question:
I loaded PortableApps for Windows intending to try it out running under Wine. Since then trying to run another Windows program under Wine resulted in PortableApps starting up. Getting out ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wine and PortableApps

I loaded PortableApps for Windows intending to try it out running under Wine.
    Since then trying to run another Windows program under Wine resulted in PortableApps starting up. Getting out of PortableApps did not allow the second program to run.

To get round this I deleted the PortableApps directory and tried to run the second program again. No go. Wine stopped with the error message that it could not find the PortableApps executable and would not run the chosen program.

I then used Synaptic to completely uninstall Wine then reinstalled it. Still no go.

Does anyone know where Wine holds the call to run a startup program so I can delete the call? I haven't found its whereabouts after several evenings work.

I would be grateful for any help on this.

Running Wine 1.4.1 on Ubuntu 121.0 4 with Mate desktop on a Compaq Presario CQ60

Linux Engineer
    Should be in your user directory. Look in the hidden folder .wine.
    Registered Linux user #384279
    Vector Linux SOHO 7