Find the answer to your Linux question:
so I'm using the fedora os and im trying to run space engine (a space exsporation sim) and it's always failing. i got the dbug report right here. can you ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Trying to Run Application

so I'm using the fedora os and im trying to run space engine (a space exsporation sim) and it's always failing. i got the dbug report right here. can you desipher this?

Debug Report is in the attachments
    Attached Files Attached Files

Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
    Sounds like a driver issue. Try using the Nouveau drivers.

If you paste the above portion of the error report to a search engine (duckduckgo.com is a good one) you will see plenty of the same errors.

Just Joined!
    I know 100% its not a drver issue. its more of a wine problom. the text file i gave was from the terminal. heres a crash report from wine itself
    Attached Files Attached Files

Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit code (0x00000000)
    Try disable Shader Pixel in Wine configuration.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by slw210 View Post
    Try disable Shader Pixel in Wine configuration.
    where is it in the configuration i have virsion 1.5.29

You should try searching for "disable Shader Pixel in Wine configuration", you will get plenty of responses and some step-by-step. I wouldn't want to try to walk you through it from memory and I am at work on my Windows machine now.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by slw210 View Post
    You should try searching for "disable Shader Pixel in Wine configuration", you will get plenty of responses and some step-by-step. I wouldn't want to try to walk you through it from memory and I am at work on my Windows machine now.
    um... wouldn't this disable the advanced shading. i've teken some C++ andi think its a virtual ram problom.

Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000000 in 32-bit code (0x00000000).
    0x00000000 is a 32bit RAM ID and i know that 0x00000000 is for the computer itself.

update:
    ok, is there a way to activate debug mode on the linux console. because i think i'm missing part of the whole story.
    Last edited by Sanocon; 06-10-2013 at 05:22 PM. Reason: just remembered something