Find the answer to your Linux question:
It's possible run #Develop in the Wine runtime installed in my Linux Lubuntu??...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

# Develop run under Wine?

It's possible run #Develop in the Wine runtime installed in my Linux Lubuntu??

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Maybe? What is it? Have you tried? If so, which version of Wine?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    Maybe? What is it? Have you tried? If so, which version of Wine?
    Yes, I've tried but nothing happens! even if I install the dotnet 3.5 and 4.0 on wine, does not run, it returns an error message.

I'm trying to create applications that are developed in dotnet on linux but that work on windows platforms

Wine 1.4 is installed

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    So this is a .NET application? Have you tried installing Mono, the Linux native .NET runtime and support libraries?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    So this is a .NET application? Have you tried installing Mono, the Linux native .NET runtime and support libraries?
    But I already tried using MonoDevelop, but say applications run Both Linux and Windows, but for example I created a "Hello World" in my Lubuntu, ai tried to catch the executable ready and tried to run it on Windows and returns an error in dotnet "Could not run HelloWord ..." I do not know how to run on windows.

Console Application run ... Ok, it works both on Linux and Windows
    Now if I create an application interface, returns an error in dotnet when I try to run in the Windows environment?

be due to the interface being Gtk? So I run an application that works with both interception in windows and in linux needs WindowsForm?

Can anyone help me?
    Last edited by bpescarolli; 08-01-2013 at 12:13 AM.

The Windows environment probably expects that the source files are in DOS (CR/LF) and not Linux/Unix (LF) newline format. Before you move the files to Windows, convert them with the unix2dos command. There is also the dos2unix command to move files from Windows format to Unix/Linux. They are found in system packages of the same name(s).