Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Post Soldier of Fortune OpenGL error

I am getting an OpenGL error in Soldier of Fortune. What could be the problem?

Screenshot:

Thanks.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    What the message says. Either you have out-dated drivers/libraries for OpenGL or your desktop is not configured to support enough colors.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Linux Guru
    i'd say the latter is extremely unlikely.

anyhow op has asked this q on 2 more forums and has received all the help they could wish for.
    whether they actually had the energy to continue to pursue the problem, idk.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    What the message says. Either you have out-dated drivers/libraries for OpenGL or your desktop is not configured to support enough colors.
    What can I do then?

Quote Originally Posted by nihili View Post

anyhow op has asked this q on 2 more forums and has received all the help they could wish for.
    My English is too bad. I apologize for this. I did not understand what you write.

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by megalanya View Post
    My English is too bad. I apologize for this. I did not understand what you write.
    fair enough.
    explanations:

= rubberman's last remark: "your desktop is not configured to support enough colors" is unlikely = no way your desktop has less than 256 colors!

you are op = original poster.
    you have asked the same question on other forums.
    i have seen them, and I have seen the helpful answers you got.
    but all these threads kind of petered out, you have not solved anything.
    i think you don't have the energy to actually do something, and you blame your lack of knowledge, although it's really just reluctance & laziness.
    or maybe you blame us for not providing you with a step-by-step walkthrough, patting your hand and saying "there, there, all will be good in the end" every now and then.

-->
    fair enough.
    explanations:

= rubberman's last remark: "your desktop is not configured to support enough colors" is unlikely = no way your desktop has less than 256 colors!

you are op = original poster.
    you have asked the same question on other forums.
    i have seen them, and I have seen the helpful answers you got.
    but all these threads kind of petered out, you have not solved anything.
    i think you don't have the energy to actually do something, and you blame your lack of knowledge, although it's really just reluctance & laziness.
    or maybe you blame us for not providing you with a step-by-step walkthrough, patting your hand and saying "there, there, all will be good in the end" every now and then.
    Yes. I also wanted help from other forums. Because this problem is not solved.