Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
As i said,installing the rpm did no change in the system.now also when i type gaim ,i get the user interface and when i type username and password i get ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

As i said,installing the rpm did no change in the system.now also when i type gaim ,i get the user interface and when i type username and password i get ' no connection to server '
    After i installed this new rpm,a new option was included in /usr/local/bin ' gain -remote'
    but thats too of no use.
    and is there any way i can get my gyach working.
    thanx again for ur responce
    regards
    rakesh

fah
    Just Joined!

gyach

the concept of the sw is good, but it does not really work
    try this link http://www.phrozensmoke.com/projects/pyvoicechat/
    and download the newest. u probably should uninstall the old version. gaim works better, but has less options. actually u could try a deinstall of ur gaim and a reinstall of a new version of gaim. missing dpendencies can be resolved by installing the addnl rpms it may complain are missing from uodate or extra repositories (for FC 4 this would be http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pu...extras/4/i386/). u may have to guess the name of the rpm based on the error msg.
    same applies to gyach btw. i.e. FC4 does not include xmms and mcrypt support, which need to be supplied from the extras repository for FC4. once u satisfied all the badly documented dependencies, and it no longer complains abt missing modules on startup, u may be stuck with the problem of selecting a VALID yahoo server (of course u have to start ur internet connection b4 u attempt to login) + non working webcam upload and download + idiosyncratic crashes (can be reduced by turning off animated smilies or setting no of active animated smileys to "1"), and disabling "allowing users to buzz me".actually the whole program is no good, not least to the "leave me alone" attitude of its creator, unless it happens to work for u

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2