Find the answer to your Linux question:
I need to install windows media player. when i use wine to install it says the the windows media update notifier is not working try again later. I need it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Installing Windows Media Player under Wine

I need to install windows media player. when i use wine to install it says the the windows media update notifier is not working try again later. I need it to install so that i can use my sirious satalite radio on the internet. the only thing that it will play in is windows media player. thanks for you help.
    Desk TopAMD Semperon 3200+, MSI KT6V mobo, ATI Radeon 64mg DDR, 256 mg 3200, 40 gig HD
    LapTop Toshiba 105s. Pentium 75, 45 meg ram, 500 mg hdd.
    Server Compaq Proliant 166 mhz cpu. 168 meg ram, 2 x 4 gig hdd, 2 x 9 gig hdd

Just Joined!
    try wine tools. That may clean up some issues. I have gotten it to work once with wine tools. http://www.winehq.com/site/download
    this makes a lot of things work better in wine.
    --Jeff--

Linux Newbie
    okay i have done that and it did install. The problem i am having is there is not any sound coming from the speakers from windows media player. How do i get the sound working.
    Desk TopAMD Semperon 3200+, MSI KT6V mobo, ATI Radeon 64mg DDR, 256 mg 3200, 40 gig HD
    LapTop Toshiba 105s. Pentium 75, 45 meg ram, 500 mg hdd.
    Server Compaq Proliant 166 mhz cpu. 168 meg ram, 2 x 4 gig hdd, 2 x 9 gig hdd