Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I'm trying to get the Music Brainz Tagger working under WINE so I can get Audio Scrobbler to recognize my audio CD's. I installed the tagger using WINE, but when ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mozilla ActiveX Control

I'm trying to get the Music Brainz Tagger working under WINE so I can get Audio Scrobbler to recognize my audio CD's. I installed the tagger using WINE, but when I try to run it, I get the following:

Code:
    You need to install the Mozilla ActiveX control to
    use Wine's builtin CLSID_WebBrowser from SHDOCVW.DLL
    ???

Just Joined!

Re: Mozilla ActiveX Control

You have to search the web for Mozilla Active X control for Windows, some guy has written it. You then download it, then install it under wine (I have had the same problem). Done.

Just Joined!
    http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/mozilla.htm

follow this link n download n install activeX 4 mozilla

feel free 2 ask again if problem

bye

Just Joined!
    Dude...

Are you SURE you want to do this?

I mean as far as I know, ActiveX iS the reazon for many vulnerabilities in WiNDoW$, I don't know much about WiNe but still I would recomend Forgetting about ActiveX

Linux Engineer
    Use a native *nix audio CD program.

Just Joined!
    Hello!
    I'm having the same problem as mentioned above, just with another program (DVD Profiler).

Quote Originally Posted by dhaval
    http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/mozilla.htm
    follow this link n download n install activeX 4 mozilla
    feel free 2 ask again if problem
    I don't know why, but that doesn't work. When I try to install that ActiveX Control under Wine, I get the message:
    "The mozilla control was unable to detect where your mozilla layout libraries may be found. You will now be shown a directory picker for you to locate them."
    I have Mozilla installed under Wine, but I don't know which directory to choose there. What do I have to do?

Linux User
    yum install activex
    apt-get install activex
    deb-get ? activex

Just Joined!

wine

Hi.

Can anyone can help me on wine installation and how can i confiure it. im using FC3 and i've install the wine successfully but i dont know how can i run some games on wine. can any one teach me the basic and the easy way how to make wine run successfully.

Ferdie

http://www.frankscorner.org << guy is a genius
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

Just Joined!

i have same problem

im using cedega n wine, i run regsvr32 for mozila activeX (mozctlx.dll) but im confused about mozilla layout libraries, when registring it ask me about location of mozilla layout libraries, i try to give location on /usr/lib/mozzilla or /usr/lib/mozzilla/components or /usr/lib/mozzilla/chrome...but still got an error like "activeX could not loaded, bcoz location is invalid" how do i solve it? where is the correct location?

please help me how to solve it, thx b4....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast