Find the answer to your Linux question:
I know this has been covered before, when I searched the forums, I got alot if information, but am still lost. I am trying to Configure Wine and i am ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

WINE on Mandrake + ./tools/wineinstall help

I know this has been covered before, when I searched the forums, I got alot if information, but am still lost. I am trying to Configure Wine and i am stuck trying to run ./tools/wineinstall

Here's what I've done so far...

I downloaded the wine-20050211-mdk.i586.rpm from winehq.com and saved it to /home/chriml2. I then opened a Terminal window and CD to /home/chriml2 and performed the following;

"SU" to login as root
    Entered root password
    typed in "URPMI wine-20050211-mdk.i586.rpm" and it said installing Wine

I had trouble finding the ./tools directory so I logged out of my user account and in KDE as ROOT. I opened up Terminal window performed "URPMI wine-20050211-mdk.i586.rpm" again and got a mesage "Everything already installed". With the information I received from this forum, i typed in "wine". It returned "wine: '/root/.wine' created sucessfully wine 20050211"

According to the documentation from winehq.com, I need to run ./tools/wineinstall after I have extracted the Wine source code tree, changed to the mian directory of it and run (as user). At first I couldnt find the .wine directory, cause I wasnt viewing all files in Konqueror. I found the .wine directory, but cant find the ./tools folder or the wineinstall program.

I think I provided enough detail for someone to get me on the right track...sorry for the long explanation.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Mark

i don't think you need to do the last steps since you installed via .rpm

What do you get when you try and run a program with WINE?
    Code:
    wine program.exe
    dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

Just Joined!
    okay...

I haven't configured WINE to run any programs... My goal is to get Lotus Notes 6.5.1 installed and running. Do you recommened a quick easy way to test WINE?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I was able to run this from a Terminal

wine "notepad.exe"

it started notepad.

I think your right... I have another question for any of you....

How do I edit the WINE config file? Where is it found?

Mark

Just Joined!
    I found some info. the config file should be in my home direcrory under .wine. I looked and i cant find the config file in this directory. Would it be in any other directory or location? If I cant find one, can someone send me one to mlchris2@msn.com or give me a example on how to create one.

thanks

Mark

Just Joined!