Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Wine Slow

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Hey don't worry, I still have windows, infact im running windows at the moment, Im a avid gamer, so I have to use windows. Ive had alot of bad luck with cedega, I won't go into details.

There's need to be a distro of linux that is built for games and gamers, that would probaly be one of the top distros, as long as it had good features along with it

There's Game Knoppix I beleive that is optimized for gaming, umm you can make any distro a full featured games machine just as long as you get the nvidia-drivers or ati ones setup, I find the most used distro for gaming is suse, and is the main distro that transgaming uses to test new games.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I have suse, but it runs slow on my pc

Well every os will if it's got those specs, my old comp was just like that and it ran RedHat just as good as windows.

I guess it depends on the distro you are using and the software you are using

Dude, with a pentium one. Everything is going to run rather slow.

They are always live-CDs

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeMonster
    Well, to be honest dude, your a bit of a idiot. Everyone on here can understand that. (Well everyone who embraces open source)
    well coffe monster have'nt you ever been a idot to i'm still new to linux so i guess i'm a idiot too!! dude 500 take your case off of you sys and write down all specs then google from what i know the hard drive is the slowest part of your computer try to break down and buy a better hard drive this will speed up a lot of things i have a western digital 40 gig on my 466 celeron and i'll tell you what it zipps right along this hard will run @ 100meg ata but my board only runs @ 66meg ata but i still use it for xandros/xp pro and it moves pretty good to download 1 web page it takes 3 seconds on 56k modem and when running xandros i'm impressed even more best advise get a hard drive you will love your sys a lot better!!!!!!!