Find the answer to your Linux question:
I can't find the "config" file. It's supposed to be in ~/.wine, but it's not. Does the latest version have a "config"-file?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Config

I can't find the "config" file. It's supposed to be in ~/.wine, but it's not. Does the latest version have a "config"-file?

Just Joined!

Re: Config

Quote Originally Posted by Talyz
    I can't find the "config" file. It's supposed to be in ~/.wine, but it's not. Does the latest version have a "config"-file?
    Did you just install wine? If so, type wine with no arguments (like, no "wine poop.exe, or wine --version). If you haven't done this before, then it should create the config file. Usually, I put mine in /home/hunter or whatever. Another great tool for wine is sidenet, which gives you alot of features by installing Internet Explorer 6 and (if you want) Windows Media PLayer 7 (not 10 because 10 recquires xp, and wine can only successfuly emulate win98, even though it says it can emulate xp). By having IE6, you can run programs like games and things without getting ActiveX recquirements for Mozilla, which are almost impossible to find that work.

Just Joined!
    I've done so, but still there's no config file . Wine runs fine, but it emulates Win95 (kinda meaningless) and that's why I want to edit it.
    In all previous versions it's been there, but now it's not...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I still haven't found it, but there's a new version out now, so I guess I'll try that one.