Find the answer to your Linux question:
anyone running wine on fedora core 3 64 bit?? Does it work? I tried runing windows xp 64bit and cannot get printers to work in the office because HP doesnt ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Anyone running wine on 64-bit Fedora core 3 ??

anyone running wine on fedora core 3 64 bit?? Does it work?
    I tried runing windows xp 64bit and cannot get printers to work in the office because HP doesnt have the 64bit drivers to make them work. So I decided to install fedora core 3. Only fedora 64bit cant print to these printers. So I figured I'd run wine, with windows 98 in it as a workaround.
    Before I do, I am wondering if wine will work on the fedora 64bit and if so could I run win98 and print to these printers??

Sorry if it sounds confusing..
    Thank you for any help.

I'm not sure if this applies to your particular question, but a lot of 32-bit applications will run unmodified on 64-bit Linux, due to the way it's implemented. Sometimes you'll need to fool the program into thinking your machine is an x86 instead of x86_64, but there's a handy program to do that called linux32. I'd try just running it first and see if it works.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Thnak yOu for the reply. Its working! I'm using Fedora Core 3 64bit , and running win4lin pro to run winXP and all works well.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close