Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by jeremy1701 Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. If you must use Frontpage (:shudders , then you may want to checkout cross over office. It's supposedly ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy1701
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. If you must use Frontpage (:shudders, then you may want to checkout cross over office. It's supposedly better then Wine.

Jeremy
    Oh wow. After all this I didn't even notice the original program the OP was trying to run. Is there a particular reason you absolutely *must* use FrontPage? Even in the MS Windows world, I personally preferred something like Dreamweaver or just good old Mozilla Composer...
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    Well, I can't stand Composer, and I don't have Dreamweaver so.................Can you explain Crossover Office to me?

Just Joined!
    first off crossover office is not free. you need to purchase license from codeweavers

here is the site http://www.codeweavers.com/products/

i have 3.2 time to upgrade. you can problay dl a trial and work with it. but i recommend purchasing it. great program. 3.2 for me was stable. i could run any .exe that was in windows in linux.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Hello:
    I can't remember the name, but in my Mandrake 10.1 release I found a few really nice html editors. Are there not any Linux based programs with your distro that will work for you instead of going through the apparently painful process of getting FrontPage working. FrontPage is nice and everything, but again by reading the other posts, it sounds painful to get it working. Good Luck!

Why the need for FrontPage?

i uploaded my config so you could see it
    http://web01.slackhost.net/~admin74/winecfg.txt
    this is the file that needs to be called 'config' in ~/.wine, notice this part:
    [Version]
    ; Windows version to imitate (win95,win98,winme,nt351,nt40,win2k,winxp,win2k3,w in20,win30,win31)
    "Windows" = "winxp"
    ; DOS version to imitate
    "DOS" = "6.22"
    that's the bit you want to change the windows version, mine has a lot of crap in it so don't worry about that, i need to clean it up sometime

Just Joined!
    i'm fairly new to wine, but if you look online there is an official same of a default config file which you can download and save in your .wine folder, hope this helps

Just Joined!
    Hi, I was having the same problem that you were with the wine config file. Wine will run programs going off it's defalt values. If you supply the config file to Wine, it will use the settings that you give it and the rest that you don't it continues to run off of the defalts. All you need is to create a file named "Config" and place it in your home directory under .wine. Then write the following code in "Config".

Code:
    WINE REGISTRY Version 2
    ;; All keys relative to \\Machine\\Software\\Wine\\Wine\\Config

;; If you think it is necessary to show others your complete config for a
    ;; bug report, filter out empty lines and comments with
    ;; grep -v "^;" ~/.wine/config | grep '.'

[wine]
    "Windows" = "c:\\windows"
    "System" = "c:\\windows\\system"
    "Temp" = "e:\\"
    "Path" = "c:\\windows;c:\\windows\\system;e:\\;e:\\test;f:\\"
    "Profile" = "c:\\windows\\Profiles\\Administrator"
    "GraphicsDriver" = "x11drv"
    ;"ShowDirSymlinks" = "1"
    ;"ShowDotFiles" = "1"

# [wineconf]

[Version]
    ; Windows version to imitate (win95,win98,winme,nt351,nt40,win2k,winxp,win2k3,win20,win30,win31)
    "Windows" = "winxp"
    ; DOS version to imitate
    "DOS" = "6.22"

# [/wineconf]
    This should do exactly what you want.
    ~Dweeberkitty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2