Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have installed wine the proper way 3 times. the first time all went fine and it created the config file itself (or i put in a command that i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

wine refuses to make config file & getting iTunes to wor

I have installed wine the proper way 3 times. the first time all went fine and it created the config file itself (or i put in a command that i do not remember) and then all of a sudden the config file went missing. I reinstalled wine but the config file did not come back. i tried reinstalling it again to no avail.
    what have i left out?

also i cannot find where it installed to

Again another also:
    Is it possible to get iTunes for Windows working under wine?
    i tried to but it said that the OS version was wrong. i tried to configure wine to say that it was XP but that did not work. Whether that has anything to do with the fact the config file went missing around that time i do not know.

Maybe the config file was never there iin the first place

if there is anyway of doing either of these things can u put in the suggestion and the COMMAND to use to do it.
    "Time has more than one meaning, and is more than one dimension" - /.unknown
    --Registered Linux user #396583--

Avi
    Just Joined!
    Wine's installed itself on mine to

/home/avi/.wine

where 'avi' is my user name.

i have tried looking there, wine created a few directorys and files but the config file is not there and neither any commands to make it do that.
    "Time has more than one meaning, and is more than one dimension" - /.unknown
    --Registered Linux user #396583--

unknown
    a config file you can copy to ~/.wine/config is at $WINESRC/documentation/samples/config if you want to copy that. you can change

Code:
    [Version]
    ;"windows"= "win98"
    to:
    Code:
    "Windows" = "win2k"
    or one of these options: win95,win98,winme,nt351,nt40,win2k,winxp,win2k3,wi n20,win30,win31.

as for using iTunes in linux. I am not sure it can be done. amarok is really nice you should give that a look. i think its even better than itunes.

Go to www.frankscorner.org and download wine tools, and the other working wine config bits and bobs. This guy is a bit of a genius, and his config already contains modifications for some apps. iTunes is gona be a hard one anyway, though you may get it working, I don't believe you'll be able to connect it to your iPod. Franks wine tools makes cedega look weak with some apps.