Find the answer to your Linux question:
Using cedega 4.3.2 and playing morrowind, the game play is so buggy I can hardly stand it. I get things like night lighting during the middle of the day. Is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Cruddy gameplay

Using cedega 4.3.2 and playing morrowind, the game play is so buggy I can hardly stand it. I get things like night lighting during the middle of the day. Is this something to expect when tinkering windows games to linux or is something messed up here? Thanks.
    Registered Linux user #390336

Linux Newbie
    Found this on Transgaming's site:

http://transgaming.org/gamesdb/games...l?game_id=2357

It's useful to note that Morrowind is officialy supported by Transgaming, so perhaps the problems you are experiencing could be due to your specific system/configuration rather than lack of support from Cadega (also, I'd check compatability against your particular version). According to that page, Cadega version 4.1.0 has a better support rating than more recent versions... Most unusual (but could be a flaw inherent to the rating system, depending on how it's designed).

http://transgaming.org/gamesdb/games...l?game_id=3229

The above link shows that the game of the year edition gets a lower rating. I don't know what's up with that.

I don't use Cadega myself, so I can't offer any testimonails, but I bet other forum members have applicable experience.

I've used Morrowind with Cedega 4.0.1 and had none of the above issues. It does crash to the desktop randomly, this happened in MS Windows as well so I'm more inclined to think it's a bug in the actual game. I've been told that Cedega breaks compatibility with some games/hardware with each release. What video hardware do you have?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Newbie
    geforce 6800

Also, there is an odd limit to the resolution (1152x864), im goinig to try the no cd crack and see if that helps at all. Oh and I dont know if im alone here, but one of those screenshots is windowed, which does not work on my computer due to "unknown frame buffer mode" Ok, I do have some error that says something about pthreads and my sytem, and tribunal wont even install!
    Registered Linux user #390336

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley/g
    geforce 6800
    Same card I have. That's probably not what's causing you trouble.

Also, there is an odd limit to the resolution (1152x864), im goinig to try the no cd crack and see if that helps at all. Oh and I dont know if im alone here, but one of those screenshots is windowed, which does not work on my computer due to "unknown frame buffer mode" Ok, I do have some error that says something about pthreads and my sytem, and tribunal wont even install!
    I seem to remember having to hack my Morrowind.ini to get a better resolution in MS Windows (it topped at 1024 when my monitor was native 1280). You might give that a shot. You can also run Cedega without the pthreads option if I'm not mistaken, it's a command line option, something like -use_pthreads false but don't quote me on that.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

-use-pthreads no