Find the answer to your Linux question:
i cannot run Hitman 2 with wine and here is the output i get... [-----------@-------- ~]$ wine /home/--------/.wine/drive_c/"Program Files/Eidos Interactive/Hitman 2 Silent Assassin"/hitman2.exe err:module:import_dll Library HID.DLL (which is needed by ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hitman 2 Wine

i cannot run Hitman 2 with wine and here is the output i get...

[-----------@-------- ~]$ wine /home/--------/.wine/drive_c/"Program Files/Eidos Interactive/Hitman 2 Silent Assassin"/hitman2.exe
    err:module:import_dll Library HID.DLL (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Eidos Interactive\\Hitman 2 Silent Assassin\\P5DLL.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library P5DLL.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Eidos Interactive\\Hitman 2 Silent Assassin\\hitman2.exe") not found
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Eidos Interactive\\Hitman 2 Silent Assassin\\hitman2.exe" failed, status c0000135

any idea on what to do please help...

You'll probably have better luck using something other than WINE to run 3D accelerated Windows games on Linux. Cedega is one option, but it's not free. There are numerous posts on the forum about it.

If you're just worried about playing single-player games that don't require the internet then you could always dual-boot with MS Windows and only open up your internet connection when you're in Linux. Just a thought.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!

2 years later

Because this thread came up first on my google search on wine and hitman, it still felt appropiate to comment.

If you read the error message closley, it states 'missing file, p5dll.dll'. Which would indicate you are missing the p5dll.dll file. If you are using non standard mounts (e.g. one big root) then the exec option might not be set (e.g. no execution of binaries allowed from 'this' partition).

I also recognize the p5 from the setup, where it asks you wether you want to use a p5 glove. If you do not have such a glove, don't select it and it shouldn't even try to load the dll. Hope this helps whoever comes into this same issue again.

Hitman 2 appears to work fine for me on wine, without any tweaking or the likes.
    Last edited by techieMoe; 06-25-2007 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Removed comment referring to useless comments that have since been removed.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close